What has 7-Eleven achieved in its choice of facility location, inventory management, transportation, and information infrastructure to develop capabilities that support its supply chain strategy in Japan?
Please respond to all questions associated with this case. These cases are related to topics discussed in the chapters and they also serve as tools for integrated learning covering material across several chapters.
Please go through pages 61-67 of your book and read the case – 7-Eleven Japan Co. Answer the questions provided on the case:
- A convenience store chain attempts to be responsive and provide customers with what they need, when they need it, and where they need it. What are some ways in which a convenience store supply chain can be responsive? What are some risks in each case?
- 7-Eleven’s supply chain strategy in Japan can be described as one that attempts to micro-match supply and demand using rapid replenishment. What are some risks associated with this choice?
- What has 7-Eleven achieved in its choice of facility location, inventory management, transportation, and information infrastructure to develop capabilities that support its supply chain strategy in Japan?
- 7-Eleven does not allow direct store delivery in Japan, but instead, all products flow through its distribution center. What benefit does 7-Eleven derive from this policy? When is direct store delivery more appropriate?
- What do you think about the 7dream concept for 7-Eleven in Japan? From a supply chain perspective, is it likely to be more successful in Japan or in the U.S.? Why?
- 7-Eleven is attempting to duplicate the supply chain structure that has succeeded in Japan and the U.S. with the introduction of CDCs. What are the pros and cons of this approach? Keep in mind that stores are also replenished by wholesalers and DSD by manufacturers.
- The U.S. has food service distributors that also replenish convenience stores. What are the pros and cons of having a distributor replenish convenience stores compared to a company like 7-Eleven managing its own distribution function?
- This is an individual assignment.
- Write your answers to all the questions in three pages of a word-processed document and number them.
- Check your work and correct any spelling or grammatical errors
Get FAST homework help. Place a similar order and get a 15% Discount for your first three orders. We have a team of professional tutors to help you with any assignment regardless of the deadline. Contact us for immediate Homework Help.