Select an individual (this can be you, a friend, a family member, or a client). Identify screening tests that would be appropriate for this individual based on the criteria presented in this module
- Select an individual (this can be you, a friend, a family member, or a client). Identify screening tests that would be appropriate for this individual based on the criteria presented in this module. Explain what those criteria are. Remember to consider risk factors, age, ethnic background, culture, environment, and current health status. You can use the national health objectives found in Healthy People 2020as a resource for determining current screening recommendations and risks.
For the first question I selected a person that I know from silver spring, MD. He is a 45-year- old African American man with past medical history of diabetes, hypertension, and high cholesterol. He is not compliant with his medication and doctor visit, and he is a heavy drinker. His father had history of diabetes, and high cholesterol, passed away at age 75 from a stroke. His mother had history of hypertension and high cholesterol, passed away at age 70 from a stroke as well. His brother recently passed away at age 43 from complication after heart surgery.
2 After reading the discussion section of “Community Education for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention: Risk Factor Changes in the Minnesota Heart Health Program” please respond to the following questions:
- What interventions are identified?
- Were the interventions successful? What was the nature of the successful interventions (i.e., was it a health education intervention that worked)?
- Were the successful interventions cost effective?
- Were the successful interventions reliable (i.e., could they be reproduced)?
- What changes would you recommend to optimize the success of the outcomes?
Get FAST homework help. Place a similar order and get a 15% Discount for your first three orders. We have a team of professional tutors to help you with any assignment regardless of the deadline. Contact us for immediate Homework Help.