Write a 4–5-page assessment in which you apply theories and concepts about prejudice, stereotypes, and groups to different points related to these topics.
Prejudice and stereotyping seem to be part of the human condition, and it is essential to examine how attitudes develop in order to change our behavior as individuals and as a society.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 2: Apply social psychological research and theory to examine social perception, social interaction, and social influence.
- Examine how attitudes and behaviors of a group influence prejudice and stereotyping.
- Explain how membership in a group influences social judgment.
- Competency 3: Analyze social psychological theory and research to explain personal, professional, and social issues.
- Analyze how portrayal of ethnic, cultural, and social groups by the media influences social perception of the group and perpetuates stereotyping.
- Analyze how subtle stereotyping and cognitive dissonance can affect the ability to bring about social change.
- Competency 5: Examine controversial research studies in social psychology from an ethical standpoint.
- Describe ethical challenges researchers face when conducting research on controversial topics.
- Competency 6: Apply critical thinking skills to resolve conflicts and issues in the field of social psychology.
- Examine the implications and consequences for society of not addressing prejudice and stereotyping.
- Competency 7: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for professionals in the field of psychology.
- Write coherently to support a central idea with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a psychology professional.
Use APA format and style.
Get FAST homework help. Place a similar order and get a 15% Discount for your first three orders. We have a team of professional tutors to help you with any assignment regardless of the deadline. Contact us for immediate Homework Help.