What six questions would you ask to gather data? Explain where you would go to gather the data and why
Reflective Journal 1: Decision-Making, Problem Solving, and Critical Thinking in Leadership
You are a Nurse Manager on a medical-surgical unit. Recently, you have noticed there have been many intravenous infiltrations of multiple types of medications, with poor outcomes. Your job is to gather the evidence to determine what the literature is recommending for educating your nurses on the unit about intravenous infiltrations and extravasations. Because you are a professional nurse and are learning to become an evidence-based manager, you use the evidence-based approach to the problem. Based on the readings:
- What six questions would you ask to gather data? Explain where you would go to gather the data and why.
- Where would you get your sources from?
- Name and explain at least four misconceptions about evidence-based practice.
Use the suggested headings
Six Questions & Evidence
Obtaining Resources & Misconceptions
Readings and Resources
- Read: Chapter 1 – Decision Making, Problem Solving, Critical Thinking and Clinical Reasoning: Requisites for Successful Leadership and Management. Marquis. B.L. & Huston, C.J. (2017). Leadership roles and management functions in nursing. (9th ed). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
- Read: Barrends, E., Rousseau, D., & Briner, R.B. (2014). Evidence based management: The basic principles. Retrieved from: https://www.cebma.org/wp-content/uploads/Evidence-Based-Practice-The-Basic-Principles-vs-Dec-2015.pdf (you will need Adobe Acrobat Reade (Links to an external site.)r to access this file).
- Read: Shingler-Nace, A. (2017). A pathway to EBM evidence based nursing management. Nursing, 47(2), 43-46. doi: 10.1097/01.NURSE.0000510744.55090.9a
Get FAST homework help. Place a similar order and get a 15% Discount for your first three orders. We have a team of professional tutors to help you with any assignment regardless of the deadline. Contact us for immediate Homework Help.