I’m working on a nursing writing question and need guidance to help me understand better.
Blood Electrolyte Imbalances
There are several different types of electrolytes that can be found in body fluids located within the plasma, interstitial fluid, or intracellular fluid. Each electrolyte has a specific function, so having too much or too little of any component can cause several issues to arise. Being able to recognize the immediate symptoms of either deficiencies or excesses can mean the difference between life and death.
Choose only one of the following electrolytes to research further (list the name of the electrolyte in the subject line of your main post): sodium, chloride, potassium, calcium, phosphate, or magnesium. Then answer the following questions:
- What electrolyte did you select and list its normal ranges in the body.
- If deficient, what condition would a patient present? Describe the causes, signs, and symptoms associated if this electrolyte were too low.
- If in excess, what condition would the patient present? Describe the causes, signs, and symptoms associated if this electrolyte was too high.
- A patient’s blood work is showing abnormal ranges (either higher or lower) of your chosen electrolyte. How will the body fix this imbalance?
- Describe medical treatments utilized to correct these electrolyte imbalances
Get FAST homework help. Place a similar order and get a 15% Discount for your first three orders. We have a team of professional tutors to help you with any assignment regardless of the deadline. Contact us for immediate Homework Help.