The purpose statement is a mini story about your research and includes several details about the research. The purpose statement should be should not exceed 250 words and maintain the order of the 6 elements below as much as possible. Place elements a, b, c, d, and e in the first paragraph. Then place element f in a second paragraph described in 3-5 sentences. The purpose statement of the study clearly describes the intent of the investigation and contains the following 6 elements:
- Research method is identified as qualitative, quantitative, or mixed methods. The introductory sentence used in the purpose statement should include for example, “The purpose of this quantitative study . . . “
- Research design is clearly stated. Add to the first sentence with the design. . . “using a correlation design” . . .
- Research variables briefly identified: independent, dependent (experimental study) or a correlation (relationships, comparison). Also in this first sentence . . . “is to study the relationship between the dependent variable baby deliveries and the independent variable stork population”. . .
- Specific population group of proposed study is identified & justified (use of reference). The specific population is also in this first sentence, . . .” specifically the pairs of wood storks located outside city limits . . .
- Geographic location of study is identified. . . . “in German state of Lower Saxony”
- How study might contribute to social change and/or impact a business practice. Expand on the first sentence and describe how this research can contribute to a positive influence on social change. Include how the information will contribute to further the body of knowledge of the business topic. Also include who might benefit from this research and how they may apply this information to improve the problem experienced by the organization.
Example: The purpose of this quantitative study using a correlation design is to study the relationship between the dependent variable baby deliveries and the independent variable stork population, specifically the pairs of wood storks located outside city limits in German state of Lower Saxony. This study will benefit the hospitals in the rural areas of the German state of Lower Saxony and contribute to the body of knowledge of population planning. This study may benefit other leaders of rural populated areas looking to predict and plan population needs of local communities (Höfer, Przyrembel, & Verleger, 2004).
Nature of Study (method and design) (3-4 paragraphs)
P1: Introduction to the selection of method and design (no citations).
P2: Describe why this method was selected and other method was not selected. Research and support your method choice using one peer-reviewed or dissertation source to support your choice. Do not use Creswell as the source, Creswell is the author of your textbook and not considered doctoral research.
P3: Describe why this design was selected and other designs were not selected. Research and support your design choice using one peer-reviewed or dissertation source to support your choice. Do not use Creswell as the source, Creswell is the author of your textbook and not considered doctoral research.
P4: Summary and conclusion for method and design (no citations).
In the sub-section Nature of the Study you will need to provide a brief discussion on the research method and design you selected for your research. The method is qualitative, quantitative, or mixed-methods (using both design types). Use a cited reference to an author that you will use to assist in the development of your methodology. The discussion about this method and the use of the author will be developed in greater detailed discussion in section 2. State why you selected this method (qualitative, quantitative, or mixed methods) and why it was selected over the other methods. Discuss why the other method(s) were not as appropriate for your research study as the method you selected.
State why this design (within the method) was selected for your research and why it was selected over other designs. Use a dissertation source to support your selection of the design. This dissertation source should be of a similar research study as the research study you are proposing. Discuss at two designs that were not used and discuss why these two designs are less appropriate for your research. The synthesis of your logic for selecting the appropriate design is important. If you are using a mixed methods design then you must choose a design from both qualitative and quantitative design lists. You will need to synthesize the reasoning for selecting both design types.
Get FAST homework help. Place a similar order and get a 15% Discount for your first three orders. We have a team of professional tutors to help you with any assignment regardless of the deadline. Contact us for immediate Homework Help.