Use the dependent variable (labeled Y) and one of the independent variables (labeled X1, X2, and X3) in the data file. Select and use one independent variable throughout this analysis. Use Excel to perform the regression and correlation analysis to answer the following.
- Generate a scatterplot for the specified dependent variable (Y) and the selected independent variable (X), including the graph of the “best fit” line. Interpret.
- Determine the equation of the “best fit” line, which describes the relationship between the dependent variable and the selected independent variable.
- Determine the correlation coefficient. Interpret.
- Determine the coefficient of determination. Interpret.
- Test the utility of this regression model by completing a hypothesis test of b=0 using ?=0.10. Interpret results, including the p-value.
- Based on the findings in steps 1-5, analyze the ability of the independent variable to predict the dependent variable.
- Compute the confidence interval for b, using a 95% confidence level. Interpret this interval.
- Compute the 99% confidence interval for the dependent variable, for a selected value of the independent variable. Each student can choose a value to use for the independent variable (use same value in the next step). Interpret this interval.
- Using the same chosen value for part (8), estimate the 99% prediction interval for the dependent variable. Interpret this interval.
- What can be said about the value of the dependent variable for values of the independent variable that are outside the range of the sample values? Explain.
- Describe a business decision that could be made based on the results of this analysis. In other words, how might the business operations change based on these statistical results.
Summarize your results from Steps 1-11 in a 3-page report. The report should explain and interpret the results in ways that are understandable to someone who does not know statistics.
Submission: The Word document, summary report should be submitted for questions 1-11. The Excel output can be included as an appendix, if needed.
FORMAT FOR REPORT:
- Summary Report
- Steps 1-11 addressed with appropriate output, graphs and interpretations. Be sure to number each step 1-1
I am attaching some additional documents which may or may not be useful
EssayClue is an award-winning assignment help service provider. We have a team of professional tutors to help you with any assignment regardless of the the deadline. Contact us for immediate help.