Discuss which of these values you believe are most important to incorporate into nursing practice and how you believe they might be best exemplified in nursing practice
Transition to Practice Paper Guidelines
Purpose: The purpose of this paper is to provide an opportunity for students to both reflect on their educational experience and to anticipate entering the nursing practice arena.
Section 1: Philosophical Reflections
- Think back to when you entered the nursing program. In Perspective I you were asked in Study Guide #1 to address your overall thoughts and beliefs regarding nursing, the image of nursing, why you were drawn to nursing, and why you believed you were well suited for a career in nursing. Reflect on your thoughts as you entered nursing program and discuss how your thoughts have changed and/or been enhanced through the educational process and clinical experiences.
- Review the Kolvenback article and the “Lighting the Way” booklet (on Canvas under Files, Course Documents Folder) that discuss Jesuit values incorporated in education.
- Discuss which of these values you believe are most important to incorporate into nursing practice and how you believe they might be best exemplified in nursing practice.
- Discuss how nurses/CNLs educated in the Jesuit tradition might advocate differently for clients than other nurses?
- Discuss how each of the following professional foundational documents will guide your practice as a nurse/CNL (e.g. influence decision-making; impact client teaching; influence advocacy for clients), noting major elements in these documents that you believe will be emphasized in your nursing practice. Provide document citations to support your thoughts.
- Standards of Care
- Code of Ethics
- Social Policy Statement
Section 2: NCLEX Preparation
- Review your HESI Exit exam (taken Fall 2019) and provide a very brief synopsis of your strengths and limitations.
- Discuss 5 strategies that you plan to use to enhance your NCLEX performance (based on strengths and weaknesses).
- Discuss the strategies you plan to implement for addressing NCLEX test anxiety/stress.
Section 3: Transition to Practice
- The job search:
- Based on your philosophical reflection articulated above, describe criteria/characteristics that you are looking for in your first job.
- What strategies will you use to determine whether these characteristics are present in the institution where you are hoping to be employed?
- When interviewing for a job, what strengths and areas for growth might you share with the interviewer if questioned?
- Describe what questions you anticipate the interviewer will ask you and your answers to these questions. These questions must be based on your search of the literature (provide appropriate citations).
- Discuss what questions you plan to ask the interviewer and why these questions are of import to you. Again, these questions must be based on your search of the literature (provide appropriate citations).
- Continued professional growth:
- Discuss your planned career trajectory & goals. Include future educational plans, professional group involvement, institutional committee involvement, professional writing, certifications, career mobility (e.g. advancing to leadership position, CNL etc.).
This is to be a thoughtful and reflective exercise. Do not simply list answers. Instead write your thoughts in a well-written narrative format (this is to be a scholarly paper and will be graded as such). Use scholarly references to support your views/ideas. This paper should be 10-12 pages in length. APA (6th ed) guidelines and Dr. Moore’s Guidelines for APA (handout posted on Canvas under Files, Course Documents) must be followed. No abstract required. USE HEADINGS/SUBHEADINGS to enhance clarity. This paper may be written in first person language.
NOTE: An automatic 5% will be taken off of the total score for any paper submitted after the due date and time. No papers will be accepted beyond 24 hours after the due date and time.
Transition to Practice Paper (SEE GUIDELINES ABOVE)
Get FAST homework help. Place a similar order and get a 15% Discount for your first three orders. We have a team of professional tutors to help you with any assignment regardless of the deadline. Contact us for immediate Homework Help.