Explore movie clips from the Movieclips (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. website or the Internet Movie Database – IMDB (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Choose a clip that you wish to analyze. The clip you choose must be from a film (preferably from a film with which you are familiar) – not a film trailer or a mash-up. Re-watch your chosen movie clip while closely observing the mise en scène. What analysis can you make about the placement and movement of characters and props in the scene as they relate to camera shots, color, lighting, and other elements of cinematography?
In your discussion, analyze at least three elements of cinematography and editing (e.g., lighting, color, shots, focus, transitions, and types of cuts) by evaluating the dramatic impact of the scene. Interpret the scene based on your analysis. In your view, what mood, symbolism, or meaning results from the scene’s creative editing and cinematography?
Include the name or partial name of the film clip you analyzed in the “Subject” line of your discussion. Include the link to your film clip in the body of your post. Your initial post should be at least 200 words in length. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references.
Movie: BACK TO THE FUTURE
Using specific examples from your chosen film, construct a discussion post of at least 200 words in which you
- Describe each of the three basic categories of sound (dialogue, sound effects, and music).
- Explain how the different categories of sound are being used in your chosen film.
- Assess the impact of sound in establishing the theme.
- How does the use of sound inform the mood of the scene, or the film overall?
- Can you identify specific sounds in your film that allow you to infer a particular genre?
- Since each category of sound may produce a range of effects, how might you characterize the effects in your film? For example, realistic and expected sound effects may have a different effect on a viewer than exaggerated or unexpected ones.
- Assess how the scene or sequence would play differently if you changed or removed a key category of sound.
You must use at least two outside sources, in any combination of embedded video clips, still photos, or scholarly sources. All sources should be documented in APA style
Get FAST homework help. Place a similar order and get a 15% Discount for your first three orders. We have a team of professional tutors to help you with any assignment regardless of the deadline. Contact us for immediate Homework Help.